Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Gravely 252 Pro from 2004. Great mower. It now has

Customer Question

Chris - I have a Gravely 252 Pro from 2004. Great mower. It now has a small issue with ignition. When I turn the key to the ON position the indicator light illuminates. All safeties are engaged. Turning the key to the start position the light goes out and nothing. I've just purchased the 2 relays but haven't installed them yet. I've checked the wires to the seat safety, double checked the park safety, blade is disengaged, handles are at home position, the standard checklist. Checked fuses - okay. So to me this has to be either relays or the switch. Thoughts???
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

What is the battery voltage? Has to be above 12.5 volts, what does it drop to when you turn key to start? You may have a bad battery or battery cables that need to be cleaned and tightened at battery or solenoid.

did you find problem?