Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a toro time cutter z2400 and the rubber isolator bolt

Customer Question

I have a toro time cutter z2400 and the rubber isolator bolt for mounting the muffler to the chassis is constantly shearing off and vibrating the 2 exhaust bolts loose or breaks the welds on the muffler. This seems like a very poor design, If possible I'd like to change t a small lightweight muffler assembly or if anyone has a way to make these huge out of balance mufflers to actually not vibrate apart and fall off in my yard I'd appreciate hearing about it
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This does sound like a poor design here causing this issue and you may have to have brackets welded on to help support it to keep this from occuring here.You might contact toro to see if they have a fix for this issue or visit a small engine repair facility to see if they know of the issue on this here and if there is any upgraded mounts or brackets for this here.If this was already attempted with no success and you want to continue here to see if anyone has any more info on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete