Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have an on an 5500 marquise HGJAA that runs while chassis

Customer Question

Hey Frank. I have an on an 5500 marquise HGJAA that runs while chassis engine is off or driving slowly but as soon as I go on freeway it shuts off! I just left an on an shop and they ran diagnostics on it and said it must be my intake pipe in the tank and I should be ok if I keep the tank full. Well that is not the case. It runs fine as long as I am not moving. Any ideas
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If there is a restriction in the fuel supply to the generator when moving at higher speeds this can cause the fuel to slosh around and can cause this type of fault here.In some cases the tank has to be removed to clean out the debris or check for any kinked or damaged fuel supply components needing replaced.I would have the fuel feed checked into further to help locate the fault here and then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete