Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Tension spring on hydro drive pulley keeps breaking. Been

Customer Question

Tension spring on hydro drive pulley keeps breaking. Been through 3 of them in 3 days
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: a week
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Make and model? Is belt good, not pieces missing? Does the belt run smooth, or is there a high vibration? Usually breaking springs is caused by vibration due to belt not running true.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Belt seems okay but I will replace and try again and let you know. Ill also check pulley for loose. Toro time cutter z480 74352

OK>

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Belt is good. Pulley tight and not broken. All looks smooth. So don't no what else would cause it.

So spring looks to be just holding, not vibrating up and down? All you can do is try it again!