Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My sprayer/washer 900 Series will start but not stay running

Customer Question

My sprayer/washer 900 Series will start but not stay running help
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Engine dies ? How long does it run? How long before it restarts? This is Briggs 900 series engine?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cleaned all fuel lines and rebuilt carburator, new spark plug, and new airfilter, runs for about 5 seconds, wait 3 to 5 minutes does the same thing

Was the needle valve in carburetor, an all metal needle or a needle with a rubber tip? Sounds like there is not enough fuel coming into the float bowl to keep engine running.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is an all metal needle
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The gas cap is not correct one and doesnt fit properly

Gas cap will not cause this. But when you replaced the needle , did you replace the rubber seat in the upper housing it seats on? Did you get it all the way in? I use a drill bit to push it into the housing until it bottom.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No could'nt get it out left the old one in, I replaced everything esle,I can take it apart again and try and pelace it if you think that would cause the problem.

The rubber seat swells from ethanol in the fuel. nd that plugs the small hole, not letting enough fuel through. Use a small screwdriver or wire till you get it out, usually in pieces, clean the hole and the passage, then install the new seat, and be sure it goes all the way in to the shoulder it seats on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok will do, I'll give it a try,thanks

I bet that will fix it! Thanks.

Did you get the carburetor fixed?