Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Kubota WG750 gas motor in a woods mower. The motor

Customer Question

I have a Kubota WG750 gas motor in a woods mower. The motor has no fire to the plugs. If I pull the coil wire from the distributor and try to arc it to ground there is no fire while cranking but it will fire one arc when I move the ignition switch to the off position
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

This sounds like your ignition switch is bad internally and causing you to get no spark when cranking the engine. It is basically grounding the ignition system and then when you turn the switch off you get one spark when the contact momentarily switch or change position inside the switch. My suggestion would be to take a close look at the switch or replace the switch which should solve your issue.