Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The mower ran perfectly the first few times then when i

Customer Question

The mower ran perfectly the first few times then when i tried to start it flouding may have occured, gas was coming out the bottom and when the air breather was removed there was gas in the small part where the air breather set on top causing it to leak out the bottom. Not having a maual, I don't know where the choke is , and have no idea what the icons represent, so I don't know where to place tbe lever.thank you for answering this question in advance.
JA: I apologize.
Customer: No problem
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: iIF I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has a new spark plug, and was running fine up to that point
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

What brand of machine is this? Can you provide the model information from the machine?

It sounds like the carburetor may actually be leaking fuel.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No its not leaking only when I thought I flooded it, but today when I tried to start , it didnt leak. It may have leaked back then because i don't know which of the icons is the choke
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The mower is a snapper model number 28b702

The choke should look like a flap. When you move the throttle from idle to full throttle you should feel a detent just before going into choke on your throttle control. It would leak if you accidentally flooded it when trying to start, this would also make it very hard to get started.

Did it start today?