waymore3, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Fully certfied brake alignment and suspension mechanic

I have a Toro 6.75 hp recycler, won't start. I took the air

Customer Question

i have a Toro 6.75 hp recycler, won't start. I took the air filter off and assembly and removed the carb and gave it a thorough clean with come jet spray carb cleaner. Put it back together and still won't start. I took the spark plug out and sprayed starting fuel in the engine and it puttered a few seconds before quitting. Not sure what to check next.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I drained the old fuel out, was old. added new fuel. I removed the bolt from the bottom of the bowl and it drains out so I think it is able to fill with gas in the carb
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm hoping so if it is an easy remedy.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just wondering if replacing the spark plug would do any good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  waymore3 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. It sounds to me like you have a varnish build up do to the old gas. I'll post a link to two products that you should use.

Expert:  waymore3 replied 4 months ago.

First mix your new gas with this

Expert:  waymore3 replied 4 months ago.

And add this to the fuel tank. Make sure you follow the correct amounts