Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a scotts deere 54" mower. The yellow button to allow

Customer Question

I have a scotts John deere 54" mower. The yellow button to allow for backup mowing is causing problems. The blades will stop while going forward without moving the button. But if I try to lift or move the button the the bladed sometimes re-engages for a few seconds. How do I fix this?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Bypass the switch, by putting the wires together. The switch breaks the mower clutch circuit . Then you can order a new switch if you want it back.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Curtis, The switch has 9 terminal options on two different connectors. What wires do I connect to bypass the circuit? This a is a pullout switch to allow the mower to backup without stalling while the blades are engaged. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Curtis Let me correct this. It is one connector with 8 terminal options. It is a delta systems 6201.
The other connector was from the lights switch the came off at the same time this one as removed.

Actual mower model ? 1754 etc? Does mower have a rio switch, that cuts off the deck when you reverse? The switch you have is the switch that overrides the rio. Do you want it to cut off in reverse. If not, leave the bypass switch alone, and do away with the RIO. Rio is just two wires!