Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cordless mower-v36. The battery is fully charged

Customer Question

I have a cordless mower-v36. The battery is fully charged and yet the mower won't start. When I push in the orange button and pull the bar back I get a snapping sound.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: the mower is battery powered.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Where is snapping sound? at switch area, or motor area? Like a spark snap. like a wire shorted? 36 volts can make quite a spark.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
At the switch area and no, not a spark snap. It's more like plastic snapping.

! Likely the handle switch is slipping and not turning on the switch. I suspect broken switch. Unplug the battery before taking the handle apart.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm sure you're correct.....broken switch. And since I don't have a replacement in hand, I'll decline your offer for live phone call. Thanks for your help.

Thank you. Please rate to close and get me credit.