Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I ran over a garden hose with my cadet lawn mower and it

Customer Question

I ran over a garden hose with my cadet lawn mower and it shut off...I removed the tangled garden hose and now mower will not even turn over....what could be possible problem....
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  waymore3 replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

It really sounds to me like we have an electrical issue here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was running fine .....the hose go picked up and the engine choked down.....after untangling the hose from under the deck ...it does not turn off as if a safety switch is trip are something needs to be reset ...
Expert:  waymore3 replied 5 months ago.

Right but could it have knocked off some wiring?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I checked the seat safety switch it is engaging And both battery cables are tight......The engine shut off due to the hose ....is there a reset switch or button on the electronics of this motor...
Expert:  waymore3 replied 5 months ago.

I don't believe so but, let me check

Expert:  waymore3 replied 5 months ago.

There's nothing on this unit that kills power like that

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How can I tell if the motor locked up....I can turn the blade shaft.....all of the electronics are under the hood at motor or is there electrical I need to be looking for around the deck area......
Expert:  waymore3 replied 5 months ago.

I'm going to opt out of this question in hopes that one of my colleagues has ran into a similar issue. Do not respond until they have contacted you. If you do respond it prevents you from going back onto the new question list where you can be found. Sorry I couldn't help you more and I hope you have some luck soon.

Expert:  papatrexas replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswers. My name is Mike and let me try and see if I can help

Did the hose brake apart if it did are there any pieces left on the shaft above the blade?

One more thing to check

Did you disconnect the spark plug wire and reconnect before starting the engine?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi mike....no the Hose stay together...the mower did not even cut it and the hose does not leak...it was wrapped really tight around the shaft.....it was a event getting it out....it was wrapped around the shaft above the blade......no I did not disconnect the spark plug wire......when the hose wrapped it shut off pretty quick....and now it will not turn over....dead like a bad battery....it was running fine for a good hour till I found the hose.......I have look for loose wires and connections.....I have not found any......is the any safety sensors in the deck area that could have been hit by the hose to shut mower off..

If you have a manual if not here is one and i will look on this page 16 let me know please thanks

Sorry it is 17 th page