Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a tecumseh 6.5 hp engine on a Craftsman string

Customer Question

I have a tecumseh 6.5 hp engine on a Craftsman string trimmer. I have no spark. I have replaced the HT coil and plug. Still no spark. I have had the small green wire connected and disconnected. Still no spark. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: The engine is about 10/15 years old but does not have many hours on it. It ran fine until a few weeks ago when I foun
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It ran fine until a few weeks ago when I found the shear key had split. I replaced it and the engine hasn't run since. There does not feel like there is much compression.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have just told you all I know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Did you properly gap the coil ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not wish to use your service. Please keep my $5 but do not charge my card further. Ken Bowmer

You can manually close the question and contact customer service for a refund