Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

RZ 5426 won't start. I cut grass an hour, stopped it, came

Customer Question

RZ 5426 won't start. I cut grass for about an hour, stopped it, came back to cut grass and it won't start. Fuse is fine, gas is fresh.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Have clean fuel
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This happened last week, but I turned it off, took the key out and after a few times it started
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

When you turn the key on, do you hear the fuel solenoid click? Is battery voltage above 12.5 volts? Battery cables clean and tight at battery?