Chad
Chad, Technician
Experience:  Gas/Diesel Compressor, Generator, Welding Machine Specialist 17+ years Industral Repair
25333099

I have been using onan filters # 0185-7444 and inadvertantly

Customer Question

I have been using onan filters for years # ***** and inadvertantly ordered(###) ###-####by mistake. will these work or are they too big/?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Chad replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** think I can help you with this.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but sadly this two filters can not interchange the 0185-7444 oil filter has a thread size of M20 x 1.5 and the(###) ###-####thread size is 3/4 X 16 UN. They physically will not bolt on.

I can offer a suggestion though. The 0185-7444 crosses over to a Fram PH6607 or Purolator PH4612. They probably are a little cheaper and can be picked up about anywhere.

I'm also going to add a link to a web page that will list everything the wrong filter you ordered fits. Even though its a different brand of filter, all the information is the same Maybe you have one of the listed vehicles (lot of Fords) and could still use them.

If I can be of any further assistance let me know and please remember to rate my answer.