Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 27 hp Kohler mounted to a Peco Brush Blazer and it

Customer Question

Hi Pearl my name is***** have a 27 hp Kohler mounted to a Peco Brush Blazer and it melted the PCV valve/filter melted. The header tube and lower muffler get a dull cherry red during use with a moderate load. This is my first EFI . It seemed to be running well. It was about 80 ˚
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I bought the machine used and put about 25 hrs on it. It was ok early on.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The rental place I purchased it from didn't have a clue. First I was thinking the timing might be off. Then maybe it might be as simple as blowing out the shrouds. Which might not be as easy as it sounds. I just didn't know if the EFI run hotter. Or if the O2 sensor might have something to do with it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

It will run hot and the exhaust will get red when under load. Not unusual. The Exhaust may need to be shielded to protect some of the engine parts, (PCV), but if engine is running ok, I would not mess with it. Do you have other concerns, or just the hot exhaust?

Did you see my response?