Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I put a new carb on a tecumseh 5 h.p. eng. gas pours out of

Customer Question

i put a new carb on a tecumseh 5 h.p. eng. gas pours out of it,i cleaned the bowl and sprayed cleaner and blew out with air hose.i reinstalled float and with float in Up pos.i can not blow through it Untill i lower float.put carb back on and it Still runs through the carb. What else can cause this to happen? Thanks Ed
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 5 months ago.

Hi Ed my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. It sounds like the needle and inlet valve aren't seating . When that happens the float closes and gas continues to fow which fills up the bowl and bypasses the carb and rus out the carb , it could also run down into the engine , past the valves and mix with the oil in the crankcase. To fix it it would need a new needle and inlet valve