Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have an article fox camper with an Onan 2500 generate. I

Customer Question

I have an article fox camper with an Onan 2500 generate. I need to replace the switch on the generator. I have the new switch how do I remove the old one?
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Onan 2500 camp power model number 2.5KVD 2089A. Serial number J020432082. Probably a 2003 year.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that I need all the help I can get.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.

The switch is part of the control board. You can't just replace the switch - you have to replace the entire board.

To change it, just remove the control panel from the genset, and remove the board from the back of the panel. It should only take about 10 minutes.