Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

My 7.25 will start then stop

Customer Question

my 7.25 will start then stop
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. IIs this a Briggs and Stratton 7.25 hp engine ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there ?
Ok has it had gas in it since last year ? And has it ran this year prior to this
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I answered you incorrectly. It has the same gas it had in it last year and I haven't been able to get it started all season

Ok most likely it's the gas in the carburetor. Can you locate the model type and code on the engine ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Molde(###) ###-####and I have no Idea what you mean by code. Is a 163cc engine

I'm going to try to find a diagram but you most likely will have to drain the carburetor bowl at the least . It may need the carburetor removed and cleaned

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm sure if you can find me a picture I'll be able to accomplish this. Right now I don't even know where the ki i'm sure if you can find me a picture I'll be able to accomplish this. Right now I don't even know where the carburetor is located
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, the carburetor is located behind the air filter. Try this, clamp the fuel line with a pair of hemos or similar tool. On the bottom of the carb bowl is a brass looking nut. Loosen the nut to drain the gas from the carb, have a rag handy and you will get gas on your fingers. After the gas is done draining remove the brass nut/screw all together. that is the main jet and could be clogged. Use a wire (bared bread twister) to poke down the center and through the side . Reassemble and test. Here is a picture of the main jet.

Expert:  Vince O. replied 8 months ago.

Any luck?