Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Need to replace starter on troy bilt pony riding lawn mower.

Customer Question

Need to replace starter on troy bilt pony riding lawn mower. looking for directions to do so
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The model number is ***** It is a 2003 model.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, was a auto mechanic 50 years ago and the local repair shops are all quoting 5-6 weeks turnaround
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The starter is located on the side of the briggs and stratton engine and cannot just remove starter as there is not room to just unbolt it and remove. It is necessary to take top cover off. Not sure how
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide the model, type and code numbers from the engine so that I can better assist you?