Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a code 32 on my onan qd 7500 . the gen starts and

Customer Question

I have a code 32 on my onan qd 7500 . the gen starts and purrs like a kitten up to about 20 amp draw .as soon as an a/c is turned on it dies and displays code 32 . I have changed oil , filter , fuel filter and fuel pump and still the same . Runs fine all day until I try to turn on an a/c
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: 3/4 tank and I couldn't find fuel shutoof and also no bubbles in fuel .
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes , as much as possible .
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I checked the fuel supply line all the way back to the tank. I put the fuel return line in a clear jug and only get a small stream of fuel , but this is a low pressure pump .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.

It does not make sense to get a code 32 after the engine has been running. Code 32 is Low Cranking Speed Sense.

Are you certain it is not a code 23, or something else?

What is the model number?