Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I need to replace the fuel tube, OEM part #16959-MN0-000 on

Customer Question

I need to replace the fuel tube, OEM part #16959-MN0-000 on a 1988 honda supermagna, part is discontinued, what should I do? It is a hard rubber tube that connects the petcock on the underside of the fuel tank, to the carburetors. It is a custom fitted piece that has two fairly dramatic curves in it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

have you tried here? They let me add it to the shopping cart to buy.

http://parts.southernhonda.com/p/Honda__/Tube--fuel/55003265/16959-MN0-000.html

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I received an answer to a question I asked yesterday. The answer was to go to a specific website and find the part I am looking to replace. The technician, Steve, said that he had found the part and had added it to his online shopping cart at:http://parts.southernhonda.com/p/Honda__/Tube--fuel/55003265/16959-MN0-000.htmlWhen I went to this site, the part is listed as unavailable, just like every other site I tried prior to using JUSTANSWER. I don't know how this works, I have never used justanswer before. But I hope that I get more than a reference to a website that does not have a product I had already spent 6 hours online trying to find before submitting my original question.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

I did see it said unavailable but they may have stock on the part. Did you actually try and order it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I called southern Honda and spoke to a parts manager, Shawn, and was told that no, they do not have a fuel tube, and that they cannot order it from Honda as it is discontinued. As I mentioned in my response earlier, I have done a nationwide dealer search as well as shopped for this part from aftermarket distributors online for many hours. While I appreciate the attempt to find one, I am capable of searching for one online through conventional channels. I have not tried to find a salvaged one or have no way of knowing whether anyone out there makes a replacement part that is not OEM.