Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a old computer power products generator, it is

Customer Question

I have a old computer power products generator, it is missing the electronic voltage control, how do I find the right evc unit for it ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

I have been a generator tech for 15 years, and have never heard of Computer Power Products generators.

Are you sure that is the actual brand?

Can you get me all the information from the data plate on the unit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Computer power products is now the Sweinhart Electric co, the generator is supposed to produce 380 volts, 3 phase, at 50hz ( just what I needed) Come to find that it is a brushless sychronous revovling field generator, and someone stripped off the voltage regulator off it.I need to hook up a electronic voltage regulator to it,I have the 3 large phase wires coming out of it (plus nuetral) and then 3 thin wires dangling down from it (I assume they went to the voltage regulator ?)How do I size to get the right electronic voltage regulator for it ?Gregory
Expert:  Hank F. replied 4 months ago.

Sorry, I can't help you with that one.

I will opt out and hopefully someone else can help you.