Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

A 1999 JD 455 disengaged the blades after 45 minutes of

Customer Question

A 1999 JD 455 disengaged the blades after 45 minutes of mowing. Letting it cool down starts the cycle over again. Any recommendations
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

This sounds like the electric clutch that runs the mower deck or blades is getting hot and stops working, once it has a chance to cool down it will work again for a short time. Can you tell me if you have and adjustable clutch on this machine? Does it have a triangle looking plate with three studs with nuts at each point or possibly a four bolt stud with nuts style clutch? If you you can readjust either of these style clutches and most likely fix your issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will check it out. Thank you

Let me know if you need additional assistance with this.

If you need to you can take a picture and attach it here so that I can help you to determine what to do in order to solve this issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where can I locate the solenoid?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
On June 22 I ask for additional help on my original request. I have had no response to my request. My request is repeated here:
Where can I locate the solenoid?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 4 months ago.

The solenoid for what. There is no solenoid for the electric clutch system. The only solenoid would be for the starting system on the engine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry about the assumption I made. I guess it is not a solenoid I'm trying to find, but the clutch. Where do I find that?

The electric clutch is mounted right to the PTO side of the engine normally. It will be attached to the crankshaft and have at least two wires going to it.