Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

My Deere d110 progressively got slower until it wouldnr

Customer Question

My John Deere d110 progressively got slower until it wouldnr move. Oil all over the ground where its parked.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just in the last couple of days.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Do you know if the oil is leaking from your engine, or leaking from your transaxle? If it is leaking from your engine, it could be getting on your drive belt, and causing your drive belt to slip. An oily drive belt will affect the performance of your transaxle.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

If your oil is leaking from your transaxle, our problem could be caused by low oil, a worn belt that is slipping, or trapped air inside is your transaxle. You and I can continue from here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok! Thank you for responding!
It is leaking from the back so the transaxle...I assume?! ...if you havent figured it out yet...I am a woman with little to no small engine experience except for 2 really annoying, throw me over the edge john deere mowers!!
There was a TON of oil on my garage floor...It started up fine...ran for about 30 minutes bf I noticed it was going really slow...brought it back to my garage...oil dripping off the it will start but not move forward or back. looks to me like the belt is loose? Although I dont really knkw how much slack there should be?!!
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

There shouldn't be any slack at all, after you release your brake pedal. When you have an opportunity, check to see if your belt is oily. Also, if your belt is loose, it may have stretched, and needs to be replaced.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

If the oil is actually coming from your transaxle, it is very likely that you have a leaking seal.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

We can continue from here.