Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a Craftsman riding tractor, T1200. After mowing on a

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman riding tractor, T1200. After mowing on a steep grade last night I had noise in the transmission I believe. I have loss of power and the acceleration pedal felt stiff.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Hello Brent. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. The noise you heard, may have come from an idler pulley, rather than your transmission. Lower your mower deck, and inspect the two transmission drive belts, and the idler pulleys that keep your drive belts tight. Check to see if your belt is off of one of your idler pulleys.

Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Check to see if your mower will roll if you shift your transmission lever to neutral position, then shift to forward and reverse positions, to see if your mower will roll. This will help to determine if your transmission is ok.

Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Please click on the link below, to open an image, I have attached for you. It shows the location of your idler pulleys, and your two drive belts. You and I can continue from here,