Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My snapper riding lawn mower battery will not hold a charge

Customer Question

my snapper riding lawn mower battery will not hold a charge
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: went out to start mower and it would not start. thought battery dead, so bought a new one. mower started and mowed two different times and the third time i went out to mow, the mower would not start. battery was dead
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that i know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Make and model of the engine? The engine has a stator under the flywheel for charging the battery through voltage regulator/rectifier. Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage. The stator output has to be checked and the rectifier checked, One will be bad, or the output from the rectifier is not going to the battery positive.

Did you see my response?