Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

OUR KOHLER XT-7 (HUSKY) POWER WASHER WILL NOT START UNLESS

Customer Question

OUR KOHLER XT-7 (HUSKY) POWER WASHER WILL NOT START UNLESS YOU USE THE SPRAY STUFF AND THEN IT RUNS FOR JUST A MOMENT AND CUTS OFF...WE BOUGHT THIS IN 2010 BUT IT HAS NEVER BEEN STARTD
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: IT DOES NOT HAVE A SHUT-OFF VALVE OR IF IT DOES WE CAN'T FIND IT
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: DON' T THINK SO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Have you removed the carburetor float bowl and checked it for debris from old gas and varnish build up? If engine ever has fuel in it, and has not been run in 6 yrs, the fuel would have evaporated and caused buildup . If it is too bad, you may need a new carburetor!

did you find problem?