Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Troybilt mustang rzt pto suddenly stoped engaging replast

Customer Question

troybilt mustang rzt pto suddenly stoped engaging replast pto clutch pto switch
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: pto suddenty stoppedengaging
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to check for power to the pto clutch? The arms both have reverse switch, that cuts out the pto when you reverse, if either switch is open, you get no voltage to the pto clutch. Check the reverse switches, and if not the problem, do a check of the pto clutch.

To check the clutch you will need two jumper wires, direct from the battery, to the clutch harness, when connection is made, the electric magnet should engage, if it does, clutch is ok.

Did you see my response?