Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

4235 Toro will not shut off with key switch. replaced switch

Customer Question

4235 Toro will not shut off with key switch. replaced switch and also battery. For last couple weeks the mower switch would not engage w/o several attempts. Electric module was replaced last year at dealer. Is this the same problem?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Mod 74633 bout 4 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

What Kohler model is this? The coils have to be grounded on most models to kill the engine, but with the fuel solenoid in the carburetor, it should also cut off the fue at the same time. Either one should kill the engine, so it seems to have power to it also.??

I'm thinking you have a bad voltage regulator or battery. do you have any starting issue where battery has to be jumped?

Did you see my response?