JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines

I have a Kohler k341s engine. I have an opportunity to get a

Customer Question

I have a Kohler k341s engine. I have an opportunity to get a cv460-cv465 short block. Will the parts from k341s fit onto the cv460?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

No, the parts will not interchange on these two engines. The cv460 is completely different from your older k341. The internal parts are totally different as well as the block. The external pieces will not interchange and fit back onto the cv460 either. These are two totally different designed engines.

The K341 is a cast iron block which can be bored and rebuilt with great success up to .030 oversized parts. The CV460 is an aluminum block with cast sleeve or liner which is a lesser quality block. The K341 is an L-Head block which means the valves are in the block, the CV460 is an overhead valve design, the valves being in the head.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.

There are some other differences as well. The K341 does not have an oil pump, the CV460 does. They utilize two completely different carburetors and governor linkages, air filtration system is different.