Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My cub cadet tractor seems to have a issue with fuel getting

Customer Question

My cub cadet tractor seems to have a issue with fuel getting to the engine, the battery is fine , I replaced the air filter and the fuel filter but as it runs the engine sounds like as if the choke isn't pushed in and then the engine slowly stops...... Any insight would be greatly appreciated .
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Is the choke opening or is it staying closed? Do you have a good battery, as the fuel solenoid in the carburetor has to have 12 volts to keep engine from starving for fuel when it closes. Which engine do you have?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a Kohler engine on the model LT. 1050, 4 stroke I assume

Courage or Command? SV or CH series? Have you checked the choke and the fuel solenoid?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a 25 hp 724cc Koehler command, the choke is fine... Where do I check the fuel cylinoid and what does it do

See link above. figure # ***** shows the solenoid. It plugs the main jet when closed. It has to open as soon as the key is turned on and needs 12 volts to stay open.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you for the link, next question ... Is this something I can replace myself or do default to a professional , and where would I purchase a fuel cylinoid

before replacing it, remove it and remove the working tip, and re-install as a dummy. Then see if the engine runs. It should be something the average DIY could do. I don't know your expertise.