Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I own a gt242 deere riding mower ...im not getting fuel from

Customer Question

Hi pearl i own a gt242 deere riding mower ...im not getting fuel from the tank ..ive taken off the pump cleaned it changed filter...forced compressed air from line to tank to clear it of any debris and when i pour gas down the carb she fires up rite away ...what am i not doing lol
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Battery is new so she cranks well ....fuel should just pour with gravity from tank to the filter but not a drop so is there a trap or valve blocked ??
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

See link above, the fuel tank outlet is in the top of the tank, the fule pump has to suck the fule from the tank, not gravity flow. So the suction tube, and hoses and filter, all the way to the fuel pump inlet, has to be vacuum tight. Do you have a vacuum pump to test it? If you hold your finger over the fuel pump inlet, do you get a vaccum feel when cranking?