Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a snapper 12.5HP riding mower and the engine dies

Customer Question

I have a snapper 12.5HP riding mower and the engine dies right away when I release the brake
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I just replaced the clutch and head gasket on my snapper and the engine runs great but the only thing now is when I release the brake the engine dies right away I press the brake back down and engine starts and runs fine until I release the brake it dies again
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: nothing else that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Model number? Is the seat switch working? The mower thinks there is no one in the seat and kills the spark.