Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

Trying to replace the drive belt on my 52 inch mower. Model

Customer Question

trying to replace the drive belt on my hustler 52 inch mower. Model #931899. I can't figure out how to get the belt around the shaft coming from the engine. Do I need to take the bolt out of the bottom of that pulley attached to the shaft coming from engine to get the drive belt around that pulley? I would rather not but thing that is the only option. I can get the belt around the transmission pulley's and I know about the idler pulley.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Yes, you will need to remove the bolt, then remove your pto clutch, in order to get your belt on your drive pulley.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

You and I can continue from here. Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what do I need to be aware of when removing the PTO clutch? Any wires or things I need to make sure I do not mess with
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

There is a wiring connector that plugs to your pto clutch. You will need to disconnect this connector. Also watch for a washer between your pto clutch, and your upper pulley. Some mowers have one, and some does not.