Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a 7000 onan generator and it cuts off as soon it

Customer Question

I have a 7000 onan generator and it cuts off as soon it starts up and I let the switch go. Any thoughts
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It was running fine last weekend but it would only start and cut off this weekend just like you cut the switch off
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 11 months ago.

Check your oil level and make sure it is up to the full mark on the dipstick. Low oil pressure will cause this.

If it is not the oil, the most common cause of this issue is that the genset is no longer producing any electricity.