JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a toro wheel horse 16-44hxl i can't find the serial

Customer Question

I have a toro wheel horse 16-44hxl i can't find the serial number and I don't have the manual...it's either a late1980 to 1990....i need to replace the belt which is v belt 5/8".... it has 6 pulleys and the 125" belt is to small....i think it's a 42" deck could be a 48" ...got any ideas to the belt I need to buy?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, deck has it's own number. Can you find number for the deck?The 16-44HXl does not show any decks, only the deck lift assembly.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 6 months ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The deck does have its own model and serial but based on the information that you have provided it is a 44" mower deck. I have located the information for you and am including it here.

You need Toro part number 93-3884 belt to be the correct size and length. You may be able to cross reference this to an aftermarket belt but in my experience the aftermarket belts just don't hold up under the conditions that they are put through on a mower deck. I am also including the owners manual for the mower deck which has a diagram of how the belt is routed onto the pulleys on page 2 right hand side near the bottom of the page.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.