Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I used mower two days ago, and everything ok. Today, I went

Customer Question

I used mower two days ago, and everything ok. Today, I went to start it, and the starter motor engaged briefly, and I tried again and could only hear a slight "click". I used battery charger for 2 hours, but no difference. What do you suggest?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Make and model? Engine? Do you have a voltmeter to test the battery voltage? Are the battery terminals clean and cables tight? Where is the click coming from? When you turn the key to start?