Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a Brigg's 5hp horizontal shaft engine with the

Customer Question

Have a Brigg's 5hp horizontal shaft engine with the newer style pulsa jet carbs on it that will not run unless sprayed. Carb and tank are less than one yr old. Took carb and tank off and it still looks new. Went ahead and cleaned anyway and have put 2 new diaphragms in it, thought maybe I had tirn first still won't run, have wire cleaned every hole in it and still nothing and also straw sprayed back through every orafice, what else
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer, how old is the gas you are using and do you have the model type and code on the engine?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
New gas but it's not stamped on engine. It's a pacer pump. All it has is family ybsxs.2061hc

You have already removed and sprayed out the carb , did you remove the gaskets on the pump and spray out the ports on there