JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Simplicity broadmoor 16 hp riding mower was running

Customer Question

Simplicity broadmoor 16 hp riding mower was running great.shut it off for a few minutes. Went back and would not start. Motor turns over.no spark to the sparkplug
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I bypassed the safety switch under the seat.still no fire.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: I can't find the fuses on the mower.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

There are no fuses in the system that would keep the engine from firing. I would recommend that you go down to the ignition coil and unplug the small wire that is attached there and try to start the machine. If you get spark then, you know that the problem is backwards somewhere in the wiring or a safety switch. If you still have no spark then the ignition coil is bad and will need to be replaced. It could be that it is heat soaked after shutting the engine off and then trying to restart. You may just let it cool down for a while and then try to restart it later.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Coil is bad

Ok, then you will need to replace the ignition coil which should take care of the problem that you were having.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.