Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I bough a z246 husqvarna zero turn mower last week it goes

Customer Question

I bough a z246 husqvarna zero turn mower last week it goes so fast when I mow. Can I slow it down a gear to go slower around trees?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Your ground speed is controlled through the drive levers on the machine, if you want to slow down just barely push the drive levers forward or if you are mowing and come up on the trees and you want to slow down just pull the drive levers backwards too slow down. There are no gears that can be changed or switched in order to slow the machine down. If you wanted to do so you would have to change the pulleys and belt in order to slow down the system but then it will affect the drive at all times, so it would be slower at all times not just when you want to turn.