Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am trying to find a 8hp Tecumseh engine mod. 157896c : as

Customer Question

I am trying to find a carburetor for a 8hp Tecumseh engine mod. 157896c
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: as I said my pressure is some what oad and I need to replace carb. or buy a new kit.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: i don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 11 months ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide the full model, type and dom from the engine so that I can better assist you?

The number that you have provided prior does not seem to be a good model or type number for Tecumseh.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am looking right at the model no. and it is right

This is the number that is on the engine itself, right?

In order to provide the information for the carburetor I will need the model information from the engine not the frame of the machine.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I took this mod. no right off of the engine.

The number that you have provided (157896C) does not show up as being a good model or spec/type number in Tecumseh parts look up.

Unfortunately I won't be able to help you.

I will opt out of your question which will allow one of the other experts here to comment on it if they have anything to add.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Look just under the spark plug housing cover, and see if you don't find another number, I'm guessing it is HM80-155597-R, which uses the 632351 carburetor.

See carburetor link above. Just one source , there are others. THANKS