Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Troy Bilt TB280 ES that will not start : the rope

Customer Question

I have a Troy Bilt TB280 ES that will not start
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the rope pull does not work and the electric start does not work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: it is only year old worked fine last year, but not this year. I misplaced the charger for it just ordered a new one
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

You say the pull rope will not start engine? is engine cranking , just no starting? Have you replaced the spark plug, and check it for spark when cranking?