Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications

20hp flat twin ,#274567, carb#692815, engine will start when

Customer Question

20hp flat twin ,#274567, carb#692815, engine will start when I add some gas down carb then die, cleaned carb with cleaner, blew out with air, carb cleaner blew though all passages , sometimes it will run and shut off and on for days, and then either floods out or carb bowel is dry , good flow from tank with filter and no signs of krud in see thow filter. pump works no pin holes, oil clean and at full all new fuel and vacuum hoses, needle rubber tip is new , so its a fuel problem, I can take off top of carb and do nothing and put back togetter and it runs for days , now no luck ? thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 4 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Hoe old is the gas and where is it stored