Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I was mowing and the mower ran out of gas! I have refueled

Customer Question

hello! I was mowing and the mower ran out of gas! I have refueled the mower and it will not restart! I have the parking brake lever in the right location and the motion control levers in the right location, and disengaged switch is down. Battery is fully charged and when I try to start the mower I just makes a click. It was running fine before running it out of gas! After it died the motion control levers were hard to get back into the neutral position! It appears to be some sort of sensor not letting it start! any help would be great!
I have a Z121S mower
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

The two arms for motion each have a neutral switch that has to make. Check the arm to the switch . Switch may not be touching the arm and is not making contact. If either is not touching, you get no start. Try manually moving the switches if need be.

Would you have a volt/ohmmeter to check the switches for continuity?