Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Kohler Courage 20 hp SV-600-0221 was mowing,

Customer Question

I have a Kohler Courage 20 hp SV-600-0221
was mowing, everything good, shut eng off went in house for water, gone 5 mins, tried to start - no compression - eng just spins? My name is***** not a mechanic but can do some maintenance. Would rather R & R engine but can't find this particular part #, sv-600-3229 is available but don't know if interchangeable?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  John Oliver replied 4 months ago.

good afternoon Dan my name is John

that's a bad deal you got on your engine. I called a couple of my small engine contacts and they all said the same thing.... they are still to new yet for Honda or briggs to have a replacement. there are newones out there as you have seen I'm sure.

my suggestion would be to contact Kohler and ask for some help. 112 hours isn't very much for that engine and I would think they would want to stand behind that somehow. very sorry I couldn't give you better news but that is where it is at this point. have you contacted your local dealer to see if they had any desire to help you out?