Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet ltx 1046 vt .. was running fine shut off

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet ltx 1046 vt .. was running fine shut off like it ran out of gas took off carb cleaned it same problem it will start but then shuts off help please ... also in carb I noticed it has one copper colored jet behind bowl but has another similar hole beside it but no copper colored jet in that hole .. should it only have one ?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Now it won't run 30 seconds without shutting off
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Is the electric solenoid in the carburetor staying open? Pinch off your fuel line to the carburetor, remove the electric solenoid in the carburetor and then turn on the key , and see if it retracts and holds. It should stay retracted until key is turned off. It has to have a full 12 volts to stay open.