Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Emerald advance on an 6500lp 6.5hgjac-908a. On an starts and

Customer Question

Emerald advance on an 6500lp 6.5hgjac-908a. On an starts and shuts down immediately. What's the matter? If oil pressure switch where's it located?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

I need 2 pieces of information from you before we can begin.

1. What is the serial number of the genset?

2. What fault code is the controller giving?

Go to the genset and use the switch on the set itself.
Press 'Stop' 3 times within 5 seconds. The light in the switch will startflashing.
If the light flashes 3 times, pauses for 3seconds, and flashes 3 more times, press and immediatelyrelease 'Stop' one more time.

This will put the controller into Fault Read Mode.

The light will flash (X) number of times, pause for 1 second, and flash for(X) number of times again. Count the flashes before and after the pause.

This will be the Fault Code.

Example: 2 rapid flashes, 1second pause, 5 rapid flashes is a Fault Code 25.

There may be more than one Fault Code stored, so watch the lightvery carefully. If there is more than one code, it will display them all inorder, and then start over again.

Be very careful not to misread a first level fault code (singledigit code) as a second level fault code (double digit code).

The way to tell the difference is by the length of the pauses.

There is a 1 second pausebetween digits of a second level code, and a 3 second pause between codes.

For example, if it is flashing 2 times, 1 second pause, flashing 2times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a second level fault code of22.

If it is flashing 2 times, 3 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3second pause and repeating, then this is a first level fault code of 2.

What Fault Code are you getting?

.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.

Did you get the serial number and fault code yet?