Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Deere L110 that has always worked well. Suddenly

Customer Question

I have a John Deere L110 that has always worked well. Suddenly the mower does not engage. Is there an easy solution?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The last time I mowed, it took several minutes before the mower engaged, but after that it worked without trouble. This time it did not engage at first. I drove it around for 5 minutes, thinking that maybe the jiggling would do the trick. It actually did finally engage, but I was at a location where I had to momentarily disengage, and then it didn't engage after that.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

L110 has manual engaged pto, which uses a cable to the deck idler. With engine off, look at the deck and move the pto lever and watch the idler movement , the idler has to tighten the belt for engagement. Either there is a broken or missing spring on the idler, or, the idler linkage is binding up. See link below.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The parts diagram doesn't show where the spring is to be attached at each end. Can you clarify?