JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have craftsman 0 turn model#917204140.is there a key

Customer Question

I have craftsman 0 turn model#917204140.is there a key switch replacement for the electronic switch pad(ignition)
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Unfortunately there is not a direct replacement switch that will work on your machine.

I have looked and searched for a replacement but there is nothing that provides a direct replacement. That does not mean that you can't replace it with a different switch it just means that there is nothing that is an exact replacement that won't require some additional wiring checks and possible rewiring in order to make it work. The original switch has a lot of wires going to it and in order to replace it you would have to determine what each of those wires do or go and determine how important they are to the system and then you could possibly replace the switch with something different that may function and work for you. However, to answer your initial question there is no exact replacement for your original switch.

The original switch is rather expensive but may be your best option in this case.

If you can verify the wiring and what each wire does then you may be able to find a different switch that would work for you.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.