Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Deere D140 Mower will not start, doesn't even register

Customer Question

My John Deere D140 Mower will not start, doesn't even register when I turn it on. No sound, and fuse is good
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have been
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just replaces the left D link
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

with no response from the key, the fuse may look good, but it is the power for the keyswitch, voltage may not be going through the fuse holder. Check it with voltmeter or test light. What is the battery voltage? Voltage has to be above 12. 5 volts for any chance for start. Have you checked both battery cables , ground to the frame and positive to the starter solenoid.